Thursday 7 August 2014

Blogust Day 5- #TBT Edie Sedgwick

Welcome to the very first #TBT post of Blogust. I'll be using these posts to show you iconic looks of the past, talk about the person that made them iconic and show you my recreated version of the iconic the look. Without further ado, let's get into it!

Who:
Edith Minturn "Edie" Segwick. American heiress, model and actress.
When:
April 1943-November 1971
The look:
Good girl gone bad. Mini dresses. Bold prints. Graphic liner.
Works best on:
Almond shaped eyes.



The iconic graphic liner look seen here on Edie is a look that has been replicated on numerous occasions since Edie's time. Whilst it is bold and dramatic, it screams retro sixties, a style that is truly timeless.
The key part to this look, is dramatising one part and one part of the face only. The eyes were hugely dramatised, whilst the complexion and lips were pared down, to add even more drama to the eyes.
The looks consists of a strongly cut crease, heavy liner and lashings of lashes. Note, this is NOT an everyday wearable look, but for the right occasion, it's stunning.

To recreate the look on myself I filled my brows in as usual- from the graphic I was using I could see that Edie's brows had quite a soft shape to them with hardly an arch shape to them at all- just like my own. 
Using Bootycall and Blackout from Urban Decay I created a classic smoky eye, making sure to keep the shake quite almond like, rather than winging it out. I then created the cut crease effect, first of all with an angled brush and some more black shadow, then when I was happy with the shape I went over the line I had created with the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Black. I then applied heaps of Clinique High Impact Mascara to bulk up my lashes.
On the skin I used a very light hand to apply a little bronzer to carve out my cheek bones. The skin should remain matte for this look. 
I applied just a touch of lipbalm to my lips to finish off- the eyes are the main focus here.

And that's it! I hope you've enjoyed this post, I know it's something a bit different! Stay tuned for the next one...




No comments:

Post a Comment