Monday 4 August 2014

Blogust Day 2- Music Monday #1

Welcome to Music Monday! Every Monday in August I'm going to be talking to you guys about my current favourite albums and artists. I'm hoping you'll get to know me a bit better through this AND we can start talking music, which is a big passion of mine.

This week I'm kicking off with In the Lonely Hour, the debut album from Sam Smith.



Sam is a British singer and song writer with the most beautifully soulful voice. His album was released back in May this year and ever since I've been completely hooked. Until the release I was making do with the few songs that had already been released, but since it's been out I've been listening to the whole album over and over and over again. It's just brilliant.

The album includes fifteen tracks:
Money On My Mind
Good Thing
Stay With Me
Leave Your Lover
I'm Not The Only One
I've Told You Now
Like I Can
Life Support
Not In That Way
Lay Me Down
Restart
Latch(Acoustic)
La La La- ft Naughty Boy
Make It To Me

You'll probably recognise the names of some of the tracks, such as Money On My Mind, Latch and La La La, but you really need to listen to the whole album.

Sam's voice is versatile it brings an edgy sound to the poppy beats but his voice is equally soulful and sound beautiful on the more emotional tracks such as Stay With Me, Lay Me Down and Leave Your Lover.

What more can I say? GO CHECK HIM OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment