Wednesday 27 August 2014

Blogust Day 19- The Wonder Oil

Today I had nothing scheduled so I thought I'd fill you in on a little beauty/skincare product that I've been using that last few months that has really helped my skin AND doesn't cost a bomb. Sounds good, right?

Olive oil. Yep, that's right, the stuff you'd usually cook with. I've been putting it on my face and in my hair and it's been working an absolute treat! 

Prior to getting my hair chopping I was using the Inversion Method to grow my hair, more specifically, to grow out my pesky fringe that seems to be taking FOREVER to grow out! For those of you that don't know, the Inversion Method in essentially tipping your head upside down and massaging your scalp with an oil for five minutes every day. This increases blood flow to your scalp and quickens up the rate of hair growth. During my week of the Inversion Method I was using olive oil on my scalp. Not only did it help my hair grow, it also conditioned my hair beautifully and restored shine. Fab. P.S Let me know if you'd like a more in depth post on the Inversion Method.

My second use for olive oil has been as a serum. In the evening, post cleansing I have been taking a tiny drop of olive oil and massaging it into my scream, before applying my evening moisturiser. It works just as well as any other serum and locks in moisture, leaving my skin feeling plump and hydrated. Just make sure you don't use too much!!

Finally, I discovered that olive oil is a BRILLIANT cleansing oil!! You can either use it for your whole face of make up or just focus on your eyes. I take a few drips on a cotton round and let it sit over my eyes for a few seconds. Alternatively your can massage it into closed eyes. Within a few seconds it breaks down and melts away the makeup and makes everything much easier to removes, INCLUDING waterproof mascara. 

So there you have it, the Wonder Oil of the kitchen that you need to put in your beauty stash!



No comments:

Post a Comment