Wednesday 6 August 2014

Blogust Day 4- Top 5...Lipglosses


I'm back with my Top 5! This week we're talking about lip gloss.  Again, I've got a range of different brands and colours for you. Let's take a look...

The dark nude glaze like gloss in the form of Pixi Lip Booster in Freya is the thing I grab when I'm after a deep toned nude. It's quite thick on the lips, but still comfortable and last for ages. Great quality for money, and I really like the fact that it's a kind of twist up lip brush applicator, it makes application simple and smooth.

The goes with everything kinda gloss...Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Goldspun; pretty much sheer, with a slight golden tinge to it, and a very fine shimmer running throughout it. I've had this for years and still love it. It's so pretty and juicy on it own, but add a beautiful gloss to anything that you want to pop underneath it.

My go-to, highly pigmented, bright lip option, Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Kiss Fit. This is a super hot pink and works incredibly well on its own, or paired with something like the Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Candy (FYI a marriage made in heaven). This too has a very fine blue toned shimmer running throughout and sticks around for ages, it's the bees knees.

If I'm after something a bit more vampy, I grab the Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Plum Divine. This is a relatively sheer plum shade on it's own, so it's a wearable vampy lip for those that don't want to maintenance of a full on pout, but I loved layering it over darker lipsticks too, to really amp up the colour.

And finally, for pretty lips all year round I reach for the Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Pink Kiss. I wouldn't actually describe this as pink at all, it's more of a bronzey shade with golden tones to it. Ah-mazing for the summer paired with just a bit of tinted moisturiser and some mascara. It smells like vanilla in a subtle sheeny but non-sticky formula. Perfection.


What's your favourite pouty product? Let me know and stay tuned for the next in my Top 5 series...


No comments:

Post a Comment