Wednesday 20 August 2014

Blogust Day 14- Top 5...Eyeshadows



Hello everyone! I'm back with yet another edition of my Top 5 series! Today I'm letting you in on my absolute favourite eyeshadows...This was SO SO hard for me to narrow down as I have so many, from drugstore to high-end, matte to shimmer, sheer to highly pigmented. But, I've finally managed to whittle my collection down to 5 shadows that I think are the bomb.com. So without further ado, let's get into it...

The best highlighter comes in the form of the Urban Decay shadow in the shade Bootycall. It's a very pale, milky shade that is really rather shimmery, so use a light hand. When applied sparingly, it is the most stunning highlighter for the brow bone and inner corner and reflects light beautifully. Like all UD shadows, it has a beautifully buttery texture which makes application smooth and simple.

My go to blend all over the lid shade is the Taupe shade from the Dior  5 Couleurs palette in 440 Sunset Cafe. It's pretty much an exact dupe of MAC's Satin Taupe. It's a very pretty taupe with very fine silver shimmer running through it. It's great just on the lid, but blend it into the crease too and it looks duo-chrome esque- the effect of a contoured crease without the effort. Just what I like.

Next up is another Urban Decay shadow, in the shade Tease. I'd describe this as somewhere between a taupe and a mink shade, with a purple undertone. It's matte and works beautifully in the crease. If I'm going for a more grungy look I like to just blend it all over the lid, under the eye, and then smudge some black eyeliner into the lash line. It looks ace. Matte shadows can sometime be a little chalky and hard to blend, but this one is just perfect.

For a major pop of colour on my eyes, I adore the 2True Eyeshadow Dazzlers in No.11. This is essentially a loose pigment. Generally I find drugstore pigments just fail when it comes to actually delivering colour on the eyes, but these are just brilliant. No 11 is a very vivid rusty copper, that looks so striking on blue eyes. There is a slight shimmer in this one, but it doesn't really translate onto the eyes, so it's still very wearable. A word of caution though, less is more with this one!

And finally, basically 24 carat gold for your eyes...Urban Decay's Half Baked. The PERFECT yellow gold. I love this along with other shadows to create a bronzey smokey eye, but it also looks stunning just on its own. Again, like the other UD shadows mentioned, it has a super buttery texture, doesn't crease and is extremely pigmented. I know 3 out of my 5 shadows have been Urban Decay but they truly are my favourite, they're extremely good value for money and never cease to deliver on quality.

So there you have it, my 5 favourite eyeshadows. I'd love to hear what your favourites are...maybe I'm yet to discover something even more amazing??




No comments:

Post a Comment