Monday 18 August 2014

Blogust Day 12-Music Monday #3

Welcome back to another the third Music Monday of the month! So far I've chatted to you about the likes of Sam Smith and Haim. Today it is the turn of a relative newcomer; Lorde.


Lorde is seventeen years old and from New Zealand. She first arrived on the scene with her smash hit "Royals" in 2013.  In September of last year she released her highly anticipated debut album, Pure Heroine, which is the album I'm going to be talking to you guys about today!

The album includes fifteen tracks:
Tennis Court
400 Lux
Royals
Ribs
Buzzcut Season
Team
Glory and  Gore
Still Sane
White Teeth Teens
A World Alone
Bravado
Million Dollar Bills
The Love Club
Biting Down
Swingin Party

It's so hard to pick out favourites from the record as I genuinely love all of them and know all the words. It's a kind of grungy, moody feeling album with some seriously perceptive lyrics in there. If I had to pick out a few I'd say you should try out Tennis Court, Buzzcut Season, Team, Glory and Gore and White Teeth Teens (which actually has a really cool retro vibe which I'm LOVING!). But seriously, listen to the album as a whole; it's been put together very well!

What have you been listening to this week? I'll be back next week with the last instalment of Music Monday..I can't believe it's nearly over!

Until then... 



No comments:

Post a Comment