Monday 6 July 2015

The Nude Lip


As wonderful as brightly coloured lipsticks are, every woman can appreciate the simplicity of a great nude lip. Brilliant for an every day look or paired with a more dramatic eye look. There are hundreds and hundreds of nude lip products out there, with different tones that suits different people, so it's easy to struggle to find your perfect go to nude lip. But I think I've found mine and I absolutely love it. So here it is.

The trick to my nude lip is that it's more on the brown/pink side of things, rather than a proper my lips blend into my face type nude. I start with the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob. I line my lips and fill in my lips apart from the very centre of my top and bottom lip.

Next I go in with the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 01 Nude Beige. This almost looks sort of like a mauve-y pink in the bullet, but translates to the perfect nude once on the lips. 

I then slightly blend the lip liner and lipstick together with my finger.

To finish off, I slick on a little bit of Clinique's Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss to the centre of my lips.

& there you have my perfect nude lip...I find that because I build this up in layers it lasts really well on the lips and its goes with any look. What's you go-to nude lip combination?


1 comment:

  1. Can it be that the nude look isn't for everyone, or is it just me that hasn't stumbled across the right products............??
    Would love to nail this look. When I do a smoky eye and try nude lips, it just doesn't seem to work; or am I simply to used to my trademark vibrant red lip look?

    ReplyDelete