Sunday 29 June 2014

June Favourites




With yet another month of the year already over..Yes we are HALF WAY through 2014 already!!..you know what it's time for....the monthly favourites.
This month has been crazy busy for me as I've been doing my final A Level exams and leaving school, it's been a tough few weeks, so I'm certainly glad that June is coming to an end. Finally I can sleep properly, eat more frequently and stress less. Woohoo! 

Now that it's over, let's take a glance at my best of June...

First up, a brand new base. I was recently sent a little tester of the brand new Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation. A while back I tried the original SuperStay foundation and really really disliked it. All over the colours were far too orange on my pale complexion and the texture was far too powdery, so it looked extremely unnatural on the skin. With that in mind, I was very sceptical about trying the Better Skin version. I put it off for a long time, then eventually I though, hey, what the hell. It's just as well I did! This couldn't be more different from the original formula; it has a far more neutral undertone, so it blends seemlessly and it pretty much undetectable, it's super lightweight AND it genuinely lasts all day. Once I've finished up my sample I will definitely be grabbing the full size, I'd really recommend that you give it a try too!

Next up is another new product..the Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Crystal Shine shampoo and conditioner. There are loads of different variations within the line, whether you have coloured hair, want to boost shine or need to strengthen your hair. The line was created alongside Claudia Schiffer, who has amazing hair, so I was expecting good things. The Crystal Shine line in particular has pearl essence within the product which helps to boost the natural colour of you hair and restore shine. The conditioner is great too; it has a lightweight texture but thoroughly nourishes the hair, without leaving a greasy feeling.

I discovered a new brow product this month in the form of the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in Dark Blonde whilst perusing ASOS earlier this month. It's quite a small pencil so I can't imagine it will last too long, but it's the perfect amount of creamy and waxy. The colour has an almost cool taupey tone, so doesn't look too red, which is often an issue for blonde brow products. It's really affordable and does the job very well indeed.

On to my favourite lip product.. the Rimmel Lasting Finish (By Kate Moss) Lipstick in the shade 01. I'm pretty sure I've found my perfect red with the lipstick. It's a bright cherry red that still has a bit of a warm spiced undertone, so it doesn't look too stark, yet it still whitens the appearance of your teeth. With a lipliner underneath it lasts probably for about 5 hours without needed a top up (as long as you aren't eating and drinking). It is still really quite moisturising, which is surprising for a red lip and the colour is just timelessly classic. I love it.

Now, let's talk about eyeliner. I'm an avid reader of Glamour magazine and make sure I pick it up every month (I literally run to the shop the first day the new issue is released). This month they were giving away the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner with every issue, so I was even more eager to grab a copy as I've heard such good things about Eyeko products. The packaging is sleek, the nib of the pen is the perfect shape and the colour is opaque black with one stroke. It's truly a fantastic liner pen, probably the best one I've tried so far. (I think this has replaced my beloved Collection felt tip liner!!) For a high-end product, it is also pretty reasonably priced (£12 for the full size).

So that's it for June! What have your favourites been this month? Let me know in the comments or Tweet me if you like!




No comments:

Post a Comment