Sunday 15 June 2014

Pre-bedtime Pamper/ Evening Routine


After a long hard day of revision and exams, I've really been making sure to have some chill out time in the evening just before I go to bed. At this time of year when stress levels are high it's so important to make a little time for yourself to have a bit of a pamper plus a little bit of relaxing never hurt anybody!


I like to kick off with a nice hot bath with plenty of bubbles and a good book. I've recently been loving the Body Shop Papaya Body Wash It smells so yummy and fresh, foams up brilliantly and leaves me squeaky clean. p.s It's on sale right now!! The book I'm currently reading is Postcards From No Man's Land by Aidan Chambers, it's such a me kind of book! It's set in WW2 and the present day and flashes back and forwards in different areas in and around Amsterdam. Such a great zone out and relax kind of book.

After my bath I slather myself in the sweet scented Papaya Body Butter, again from The Body Shop. It locks in the scent from the body wash and moisturises really effectively. I can still feel the benefits the day after application.


Next up is pre-bed cleansing. I'm totally in love with the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish , as I think most beauty bloggers are. Next step is the Clinique Clarifying Lotion (1). This is an exfoliating toner so it gets rid of any dead skin or any remaining grime. It's a bit of a staple for me, I've been using it for years and still adore it. Finally I moisturise using the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. Nothing over complicated or dangerous, its gentle and just does the job.

If I feel like really pushing the boat out and can actually be bothered, I like to paint my nails. I've been keeping my fingers clear recently (having a bit of a detox) but as it's sandal season I've been making sure my tootsies are in good condition. At the moment I'm having a bit of a red phase, so the 17 Gel Colour in Maraschino Cherry  has been the only colour gracing my nails.


Finally I grab a cup of peppermint tea (it's caffeine free so it's great for just before sleep), pop my hair in a fishtail braid,slap on some Carmex to keep my lips happy and moisturise my hands with the L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream- SUCH a good hand cream, it's got a very unoffensive scent and very very deeply moisturises the skin, leaving hands supple and soft.

When all that is done, it's time for bed!

Let me know what your favourite pre-bed bits and bobs are.






2 comments:

  1. I've also just finished my exams so I'm definitely gonna try this out! Great post x

    Fatiha from fatihasc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fatiha, I'm glad you enjoyed it x

      Delete