Sunday 6 July 2014

Milk Free Pancakes


The other day I was craving pancakes, when I found to my dismay that I'd run out of milk. Fear not! To the internet I fled and stumbled across this milk-free pancake recipe. Obviously I tried it out straight away and served myself up a giant plate of pancakes. They were so yummy I thought I'd share the recipe with you....

You will need:
1 cup of plain white flour
3 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
a good chunk of butter
3/4 water
1 egg


Step 1:
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
Step 2:
Melt your butter
Step 3:
Mix you water, butter and egg in a plastic jug.
Step 4:
Add in your dry ingredients.
Step 5:
Mix everything together to get rid of the lumps.
Step 6:
Cook the pancakes over a medium heat. Once the pancake has movement on the one side, flip it over to cook on the other. Cook until golden brown.
Step 7:
Serve with your preferred topping....(maple syrup, golden syrup, fruit, melted butter etc)


And that's it! It took me about 15 minutes to cook up these babies and let me tell you, they were so tasty! I couldn't even taste the difference without milk. Send me your pictures if you have a go at them!



No comments:

Post a Comment