Sunday 1 June 2014

May Favourites

Well well well, the month of May is over and we are now well and truly into the summer months. I first have the annoyance of final A Level exams, but hey ho. May has been a beautiful month here in the UK, the weather has been HOT HOT HOT (okay, apart from about a solid week of rain) and the sun has constantly been shining. 

I'm going to start off with a non-beauty favourite this month in the form of Sam Smith. If you haven't heard of Sam, he is an incredibly talented singer who I've completely fallen in love with. He's got such a unique sound that brings a really fresh vibe to every song. Whether it's something poppy like La La La with Naughty Boy or something more soulful like Lay Me Down, I just love the sound. I can't get enough of him!

Moving on to the usual beauty bits...I know I'm incredibly late on the bandwagon here, but at the start of this month I finally strutted into Boots and bagged myself a Tangle Teezer. Oh yes, 10 points to me. Of course I'd heard all the hype about this miraculous thing before, but, I'm really not one to follow the crowd so I never bothered picking one up. Finally my curiosity got the better of me. How glad I am. It glides effortlessly through my hair which is long, thick and tangles very very easily. No breakages, it's the perfect palm size and it looks super cool- mines neon pink. I can safely say I'm a TT convert!

Next up is the VO5 Smoothly Does It Tame&Shine Spray. I grabbed this on a whim when I was after a finishing spray for my updo for my Sixth Form ball and was pleasantly surprised at how good it is! I've used V05 products before and loved them so thought I'd give this one a go. I spritz it through my hair before heat styling then spray a light misting after styling just to finish off and lock in the shine. It works beautifully, doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy AND it smells gorgeous. 

As the weather has been significantly warmer I've been gravitating towards lighter bases and staying away from heavy foundation. This month I've really been enjoying the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream. Just a pea-sized amount blended over the skin where I need coverage works perfectly. It blends seamlessly into the skin and doesn't start to get oily and gross after a few hours.

My final fave is the Seventeen Gel Colour in "Maraschino Cherry" - My perfect red nail varnish. I tend to find it difficult to find a red that looks right on me, all the polishes I try are either too orange or too pink toned. But this one it's the perfect pillar-box blue toned red. It just looks so chic too, love it.

That's all from me for my May favourites. I hope you enjoyed reading & make sure to let me know what you've been loving this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment