Sunday 27 April 2014

April Favourites





April has been the first real month of Spring here in the UK, and with the warmer, sunny weather, I've felt the need to shake things up and change things around. I've also been trying out a few new things and rediscovering some old favourites. Of course, this wouldn't be a monthly favourites post without the good old cliché, I can't believe the month is over already! That aside, we'll jump into my faves.

First of all, a new nail polish discovery; my perfect nude nail. If you follow my blog regularly, you'll have seen my post on this already, if you haven't seen it yet, go check it out hereSeeing as I've already written about the Collection Hot Looks Nail Polish in Milkshake, I won't go on about it too much, but I love it. I've been repainting my nails constantly with this shade and I'm sure I will continue to do so throughout May.

Next up is an old favourite/re-discovery. The Nivea Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream (blimey, that's a long name). It only comes in one shade, Natural, but somehow seems to work for many a skin tone. I use about a pea-sized amount (Don't go overboard here, you WILL look like you've been Tango-ed). I then use a flat foundation brush and blend the tinted moisturiser all over. It leaves a nice fresh feeling on the skin and just covers what needs to be covered. For me, whilst I can sometimes see the value in spending a lot on a good foundation, I prefer going for a budget option for my tinted moisturisers, and with this one I don't feel like it's necessary to shell out for something expensive.

Moving on to something that definitely isn't a budget offering, the Estee Lauder Even Skintone Illuminator. This is PERFECT for the time of year. Essentially, it's a radiance boosting base that you can apply under makeup or wear just on its own if you fancy. It's a white lotion, with a sort of gel texture with a fine gold shimmer running throughout. Again, I use about a pea sized amount all over the face. Don't be alarmed; you won't look like Edward Cullen, it gives the skin a subtle sheen and really looks like you're glowing from within. Of course, it's from a luxury brand so it is expensive, but there are alternatives. 

Another Estee Lauder product that I've really been enjoying using recently is the Bronze Goddess Matte Bronzer. I just take a little of this on my Kanebo Blush Brush and do the classic "3E" motion. It just gives a slight hint of warmth to the complexion without looking orange or muddy. 

After receiving the NAKED 2 Palette for my birthday, which was last month, I've completely fallen in love with it. It definitely leans towards the cooler end of the spectrum, and just like the original NAKED Palette, it's the complete package. My favourite shades right now are Bootycall which is a very very pale peach shimmery shade which is stunning for highlighting under the brow and in the inner corner and YDK which is a great shade for either blending all over the lid for a quick wash of colour or used through the crease to deepen up a look. I also adore Chopper which is a striking mix between a warm gold and a copper. It looks fantastic against blue eyes.

And last but certainly not least, my final beauty favourite for the month of April is the Model&Co Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Striptease. Glamour magazine were recently giving away Model&Co products a few months ago so I snapped this up quickly. It's the perfect sheer peachy-nude gloss with a hint of a blue toned shimmer running throughout. The gloss is the perfect consistency, not too thick and sticky but it lasts well on the lips and the blue tones in it help to whiten the appearance of your teeth. I've just been pairing this with a fairly nude lipstick all month long for an effortless goes with any kind of makeup lip.


Right, I think that's all for my round up of April favourites. Let me know what you've been loving this month!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment