Sunday 4 May 2014

Liz Earle- The Review


A few weeks ago a giant package of Liz Earle goodies* landed on my doorstep. I've been trying the products out for a little while and thought it was about time I let you know what I've been thinking of them. The first thing I must say is how well the company do what they do. Everything arrived very quickly and each item was beautifully packaged, either wrapped in tissue or in it's own waterproof bag or Liz Earle box.


Now, for the actual products. I've recently been trying seven of their products, three skincare and 4 body/hair care items. Let's start with the skincare.

A three step skincare system is a system adopted by quite a few well know brands out there, because it works so well. Three quick no nonsense steps and you're left with happy skin. 

So, we begin with quite possibly the number 1. cult skincare product in the blogging world; the Cleanse& Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. The 100ml pump bottle retails for £14.75 and includes a muslin cloth. I'd previous tried a sample of this cleanser so I was over the moon the see it in the box. For me, it's the perfect cream cleanser. I always used to have difficult oily teenage skin, but in the last year my skin has settle and decided on being dry/combination. Around a pump massaged all over my face clears all my makeup and general impurities on and under the skin and leaves my skin feeling clean, plump and actually quite moisturising. This is TOTALLY worth the hype and is definitely a product I will continue to use.

Moving on to step two.. the Instant Boost Skin Tonic. This is an inoffensive, gentle toner that just finished off the cleansing process nicely. I think you can probably find slightly more affordable toners on the high street if necessary, but this is a lovely one to have if it's within your price range. A 200ml bottle with cost £13.25, I personally think that's fair considering the quality of the ingredients within the product.

And finally, step three...the Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin (19.25 for a 50ml jar). I was a little sceptical about this one at first In the jar, it has a someone balm like texture, something you would expect of a very rich day cream. However, when applied on the skin it feels incredibly light. My next worry was that it wouldn't sufficiently moisturise my skin. How wrong I was. It soaks deep into the skin quickly making it a perfect base for makeup and keeps skin hydrated for a long time- The first time I used it was in the evening; I woke up the next morning to comfortable moisturised and plump skin.

Overall, I really would recommend the skincare products that I've tried out. I think they're great value for money, the brand prides themselves on the natural ingredients that go into their products, so credit to them for delivering fantastic quality. The scent is natural an herbal, almost like a quick session of aromatherapy, which is great for calming down redness and irritation in the skin. Can you tell I'm sold? I love the skincare.

Moving on to the body and haircare items....


Starting with the Botanical Shine Shampoo for all hair types (8.75 200ml). I won't ramble about the rest of the products I'll just tell you exactly what I think. As a texturising shampoo (which it isn't supposed to be) I think this is great. It gives my hair real grit and a good strong hold, perfect if you're washing your hair and want to put it put straight away. However, I don't actually feel like this washes my hair particularly well. That textured feeling, turns into a greasy feel within about 24 hours. This could be because my hair is quite thick, but unfortunately this one didn't work too well for me. Whilst lathering, it has a lovely citrus-y scent, but when I began to wash it out the scent turned almost soapy and then lingered my hair. Sadly, I'm not a fan, but I do think it would work very well for those with thin hair.

Botanical Sine Conditioner (for normal hair) 8.75 200ml. I actually quite like this conditioner. I couldn't really detect a strong scent. It's creamy in texture and sufficiently moisturised and restores my hair, which is all I really want from a conditioner. Nice.

Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash  200ml 12.00. LOVE the scent, it filled my bath with citrus scented bubbles and turned my entire bathroom into a kind of aromatherapy room. Very relaxing and luxurious. Definitely worth it.

Nourishing Botanical Body Cream  200ml 17.25. Like the Skin Repair Moisturiser, I was sceptical of this one at first as it doesn't exactly have the texture of a body cream that would be particularly moisturising. It actually feels more like a light lotion. Turns out, it's the perfect thing. I can slather my self in this stuff, it soaks into my skin really quickly, doesn't leave me feeling greasy AND I can still feel the benefits for a least a couple of days post application.

So there are my thoughts on some of the most loved Liz Earle skin, body and hair products.
What do you think of Liz Earle products? At some point I hope to let you in on my thoughts of the Liz Earle beauty range.

Until next time..

xoxo

*DISCLAIMER- I did not purchase these items myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment