Sunday 13 April 2014

It's all about Radiant Orchid

Pantone have named Radiant Orchid as the "Colour of the Year". They say..."Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple-one that draws you in with it beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health" Quite the claim, no?

So in the spirit of all things purple I've been hunting through the beauty stash and my wardrobe to bring to you the best of Radiant Orchid for 2014. Let's do it.





Oh my, I'm in love with this dress- it's the Alicia from French Connection, I've managed to get my hands on one, honestly its just beautiful. A demure, conservative body-con dress from the front, with the unexpected lace panel in the back. Nothing says conservatively sexy like flashing a bit of back. What I really want to talk about, obviously, is the colour. Now, this dress could be in black, and it would be predictable. It could be in red, but then it could potentially look a little Pretty Woman-esque, before the transformation. But no, it's in a bright, colourful Radiant Orchid hue that just screams Spring. I think it's beautiful, I have to resist from wearing it every day.






Two nail polishes that stand out to be are Butter London's Molly Coddled and Illamasqua's Jo'mina. Both are very wearable but still add that hint of bright purple to your tips to keep you looking put together! If you're after a more purse friendly option, go for Maybellines Color Show Nail Polish in Purple Gem.


Another great way to wear the shade is on your lips or eyes. My personal favourites are Sloane Square by Rimmel for the lips- this one is great as you can wear it with a balm to keep it quite sheer, or you can really build it up for maximum colour on the lips. For the eyes, an old favourite of mine is the 17 Trio in Purple Heart- it has the PERFECT Radiant Orchid shade in there, with two lighter lilac hues to keep the whole thing balanced and not looking too pink.



Those are my picks, for now, of my personal favourite Radiant Orchid bits and bobs.

Let me know what your favourites are

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment