Wednesday 9 April 2014

My Top 5...Foundations

So, on my previous blog Beauty By Lottie I'd started a little series of my Top 5 products in various categories..I've decided to move it over here so you don't have to hop from one blog to another..Let's kick off with my current Top 5 foundations... 

At #5 we have the well loved Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation- This promises to be a radiance boosting foundation full of fruity goodness. Apricot for radiance, melon for hydration, ginger for energy and the apple acts as an anti-oxidant. Upon application there is a mild fruity scent which does wear down very quickly, so no need to worry; you won't be smelling like a fruit bowl all day long. Over all I do like this foundation, it isn't quite as radiant as I would want it to be, it can stick to dry patches and doesn't have the greatest lasting power ever. Despite that, it has a comfortable light texture, with medium to buildable coverage and works. At around the £10 mark, this is a pretty good deal from the high street.

#4 Maybelline Dream Fresh- A lighter alternative to foundation, the Maybelline Dream Fresh is effectively a BB cream. It's lightweight, moisturising and actually covers pretty well. Considering it's a BB cream it has impressive lasting power which can also be prolonged by setting with powder. The shade range at the moment is pretty poor, but I'm hoping Maybelline will expand the range. Really great for weekend/ "no make-up" make-up days. It gets a thumbs up from me.

#3 Rimmel Match Perfection-If this were a "drug store only" post, this would have to be my number one. Very comparable to my actual number one (keep reading, you'll see it in a minute), it's light but covers well, the light reflecting particles in it add radiance to the skin and it blends completely seamlessly. Once applied I'm left with glowy beautifully fresh skin that looks completely clear of any makeup. It's beautiful. Go try it!

#2 Dior Diorskin Nude -Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. There's just something about luxury makeup that feels special and amazing on the skin. Another radiance boosting foundation- I think you can probably gather I'm not a matte kinda gal. Dior claim that Nude is enriched with skincare to naturally boost the skin's radiance whilst leaving the skin with a subtle velvet finish. It's beautiful skin in a lovely glass bottle! Eye wateringly expensive, let's face it, but totally worth it.

And finally the champion of champions.....
#1Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua -Fresh, light & clean is probably the best way I can describe this little beauty. No matter how much I rave, it just won't suffice. Essentially, it's a second, perfected, glowing skin in a bottle. So easy and quick to apply, blends away to become completely invisible and has impressive staying power considering the formula is so light-weight. This is my all time favourite foundation, nothing else can beat it and I'd recommend it till the cows come home!

Stay tuned for more "Top 5s"
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment