Wednesday 26 August 2015

My University Room- Year One

Leading on from my First Year Round Up and my Uni Essentials list, I thought I'd show you around my first year room. I lived in catered halls about a mile away from my university. You could walk in on a nice day, but we were all given free buses as the buses would go by every five minutes or so. There were around 198 (I think) rooms in my Hall, though not all of them were occupied, so it was a pretty small place. All of our meals were served in the dining hall which was opposite my room (I lived in a quad). Out of all of the accommodation options at my university this particular option was the most traditional style- housed in a beautiful country house with a lake, the old fashioned dining hall and our own library, there was also a junior and senior common room, a music room, tv room and a games room. We also had three different formals throughout the year. 

So on to the room itself, I was on a downstairs corridor (no stairs when coming home from a night out was ace). My room had a single bed, a desk, bookshelf, bedside table, large wardrobe with lockable cupboard up top, a sink and a mirror. This was classed as a medium room, though I actually found it to be far bigger than I was expecting. All in all it was the perfect place for my first year of uni and I really enjoyed living there!

I'm now house sharing with three other girls, so will do a post sometime soon about my accommodation for my second year of uni.

I hope you've enjoyed this insight into my first year room & please feel free to ask any questions!

















No comments:

Post a Comment