Wednesday 17 June 2015

Top 5....Red Lipsticks

Welcome back to my Top 5 series! If you've been around these parts for a while you'll know that every now and again I do a round up of my favourite 5 products from particular categories. Today I thought I'd focus my top five even more and let you in on the best red lipsticks, in my opinion. Here they are in no particular order. 

L'Oreal Color Riche Creme de Rouge in the shade 461 Scarlett Creme. This is a lovely classic red shade. The formula itself is sort of waxy meaning that the wear is extremely comfortable and doesnt stick to any dry patches. It lasts around 4 hours on the lips (no eating or drinking) but does fade slightly unevenly, mind you that's fairly standard for a bright lip. 


17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in the shade Rich. This is my staple winter red. It leans more towards the berry side of things, but it's still definitely a rich, deep red. Brilliant quality for the high street price, sticks around for ages on the lips and can be worn full on or toned down with a lip balm for more of a sheer finish.


 Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer in 400 Big Bang. Bold and glossy, I wasn't too keen on this when I first tried it but now it's my go to for a glossy red lip. It saves the hassle of having to use a lipstick and a gloss and it stains the lips afterwards. The pigmentation is incredible- a little goes a long way. This is more of an orange toned red, so probably better for warmer months, but great on a night out too to make a real statement. 

Clinique High Impact Lipstick in Red-y To Wear. This one is pretty much the same shade as the L'Oreal lipstick but the texture is far more nourishing and I'd say the pigment is even stronger. Again, very comfortable on the lips and great wear time. 


Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in the shade 01. This is a slightly darker, bolder red than the L'Oreal offering. I'd say this has more of a creamy texture so is very opaque and rich on the lips. Wear time on this one is great and I find that it fades very evenly on me leaving a bold red stain behind, which is great if you can't be bothered with maintaining your red lip throughout the day.


And there you have my top five red lipsticks. What is your go to red lip & are there any that you think I need to try out?


No comments:

Post a Comment