Thursday 4 June 2015

May Favourites



I'm back from my brief break for exams (which means my first year of uni is over!) which also means it's time for my May favourites as we have already reached June!

This month has been pretty boring for me as it's basically just consisted of me washing my hair as little as often, hardly getting dressed, eating and revising. Such a glamorous life I lead...Hence the lack of loads and loads of beauty products. However the bits and bobs that I have been enjoying must be good if they've made the cut when it's been a very non-beauty month. So here they are:

Let's get the most boring thing out of the way, the Barry M Basecoat, Topcoat and Nail Hardener All in One. Yep, literally a clear nail polish. Now I know this sounds very yawn, but I've been giving my nails a break recently from coloured polish and false nails to get them nice and strong again. So instead of colour I've been slapping a layer of clear polish on my tip every day to keep them shiny and strong. This one was only about £2.99, but honestly who wants to pay any more for no colour? Works a treat and I have actually noticed a difference in the strength of my nails.

Next up is the Le Blush in Rose Pastel by L'Oreal (Who seem to be featuring a lot on my blog right now, I'm having a bit of a love affair with their products!). It's the perfect cool toned light pink blush which just gives me the right amount of colour on my cheeks. If I've bothered at all with makeup this last month it's usually been a few blobs of concealer, this blush, something light on the brows and a swipe of mascara. Super simple but just about enough to make me look slightly human. 

That "something light on the brows" I just mentioned comes in the form of the Rimmel Brow This Way tinted brow gel in 001 Blonde. This comes in four shades: a clear gel, the Blonde one, a light brown and a dark brown. So this hasn't had the greatest reviews from other people as the brush is quite large and seems to dispense a bit too much product, but honestly it's not too much of an issue. I'm okay with the size of the brush and just find if I wipe of the excess product I'm good to go. It sets the brows in place without them feeling crispy and gives just the right amount of tint so you can layer it with other brow products or just use on it's own. Ooo, also, it's the perfect ashy blonde, no red tones in sight!

My next favourite is a body product which comes in the shape of the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. Mmmmm, it smells SO good! It's the prefect consistency for a body scrub and is packed full of brown sugar, lime, almond and macadamia oil. It gets rid of dry skin really well and leaves skin feeling moisturised after. And the smell....I could go on forever about the smell. So zesty and fresh. Yum!

The final product I've been loving this month has been the Schwarzkopf got2b Oil-licious Styling Oil. Finally a decent hair oil that doesn't come with a hefty price tag. I picked this up from Boots for £3 when it was on offer but the usually retail price is still only about £4.99 which is a total bargain. This one contains argan oil which we all know is good for out hair and it comes in a handy 50ml which makes it great for travelling/chucking in your handbag for on the go. I've been using this on wet hair pre-blow drying and on day between washing to nourish my ends. I really like it!

No fashion favourite this month as I've just been living in pjs, but hooray for pjs, they're the best.




A TV favourite this month has to be Pretty Little Liars. I've heard people rave about it for years, but never really got round to watching it. So as soon as I'd finished my exams I got home and cracked on with season one. I'm already half way through season two and really enjoying it- I'm totally hooked!!

That's all from me for this monthly favourites, I'll speak to you soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment