Sunday 7 June 2015

Current Skincare Routine

Hi guys!

Today I'm coming at you with my current skin care routine. This does tend to change quite often but I have a really good bunch of products at the moment so I thought I'd share with you what I've been using on my skin recently. 


First up, cleansing. I'm using two cleansers at the moment which I sort of switch in between depending on what I'm in the mood for. Currently on the go in my skincare stash are the Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil and the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. Both give me a really deep cleanse and really nourish the skin at the same time. I really enjoy using the oil and it's great for taking makeup off and actually cleaning my skin at the same time. The Cleanse and Polish really soothes the skin and I find it really helps with pesky hormonal break outs. Both cleansers are ones that I would repurchase over and over again. 




I will just briefly talk about eye make up remover, even though it's not something I always use. Generally my cleanser will suffice, but if I've gone particularly heavy on the eyes or my winged eyeliner just won't budge I'll grab some cotton wool and an eye make up remover. This Garnier Express 2 in 1 is a bi-phase solution meaning it contains an oil as well as a conventional makeup remover. Just shake it up and you're good to go. This isn't the best one I've ever used, but it's certainly does the job!


Next up, toner. Now I'm not usually too fussy with toners, I'm quite happy with an affordable one from the high street but I have the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic in my stash at the moment so that's what I'm using. It's very herbal and really calms the skin. I would say that you can find toners that are just as good for a fraction of the price but this is a lovely one to have if your budget stretches. I just splash a little on to a cotton round and swipe it all over my face and sometimes my neck too. 


Now on the moisturising my skin. Right now I'm usuing the Garnier Moisture Nourish + for dry to very dry skin. Love the moisturiser as it is a non-greasy formula that thoroughly moisturises dry skin and keeps it plump throughout the day. My only bug bear is the packaging. The product itself is too thick in consistency to be in a sqeezy tube, in my opinion. It's just too much hard work trying to squeeze the product out. Yes this is the more hygenic option to a tub, but honestly I think that would work better. 
For eye cream I'm using the Boots Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream. I don't need anything heavy as I'm only 19 but I find that this just gently mositurises the sensitive eye area which can get dried out from concealers and powders. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff.


There are two masks that I'm reaching for currently, again, depending on what issue I'm drying to tackle. If I'm having an oily day or if I'm seeing some break outs I'll grab the Lush Mask of Magnanimity. It's a thick green paste that dries in about 15 and really purifies the skin. I can definitely notice the difference as it pulls the oil out of my skin without drying it out. 

If, on the other hand, my skin is feeling particularly dry I'll slap on a bit of the Balance Me Radiance Face Mask. I spoke about this in my April favourites so I won't say too much about it, but it gently exfoliates dry skin whilst penetrating the skin to deeply hydrate and moisturise. Not a massive fan of the smell, but the product really works! I tend to leave this one on for about 5-10 minutes then wipe of with a damp muslin cloth.


Finally, for when my skin just needs a good old scrub when I'm feeling particularly gross and scaly, I use the Ocean Salt scrub from Lush. This is suitable for the face and for your body ( gotta love a good two-in-one). It's really salty and zesty and gets rid of any pesky dry patches. Just make sure you moisturise afterwards because this one can be quite harsh on the skin.

So there you have the skincare products I'm currently using. What are you skincare saviours?



No comments:

Post a Comment