Wednesday 10 June 2015

Top 5....Favourite Nail Polishes


Today I'm continuing my top 5 series with my top 5 favourite nail polishes! I love wearing all different colours on my nails and like to change it up according to season. I never really tend to stick with the same shade for too long and might even end up changing my polishes about 3 times in each week. I especially like coordinating my nails with my outfit and makeup where possible. The point is I try a lot of different polishes and have narrowed it down to the 5 that I use the most and would most likely re-purchase. So here they are...

The Collection 60 Seconds Hot Looks Polish in Milkshake. This is my go to nude nail shade. The formula is nicey and watery which means it dreis really quick, but the polish is opaque in two thin layers, which is great if you want to quickly paint your nails before you head out of the door. In terms of chipping, with a top coat I can probably get away with this for about 4 days, so not brilliant, but not terrible at all!

 Essie Nail Lacquer in Fiji. This is such an iconic and raved about nail polish in the beauty world. It's an extremely pale milky baby pink that just goes with everything. I tend to pull this out in the warmer months when the sun is out as it contrasts really beautifully with a tan. You can make this work in two coats if you really try, but for the ultimate opaque look I go for three layers. With a top coat this can last anywhere from 5 days to over a week depending on how careful I am.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in the shade Sugar Apple. Extremely comparable colour wise to Essie's Mint Candy Apple, this shade is the prettiest minty sky blue hybrid. The texture of the polish is super thick and gel like and has a beautifully shiny finish. The only downside for me is the brush, it's too small. If it were updated to the larger more square brush I'd be completely happy.

Maybelline Super Stay Gel Color in Extreme Blackcurrant. The perfect winter berry shade ( even though I wear it all year round). These polishes have a great wide brush, they are opaque in two coats and dry really quickly. There is a great colour range as well so if you're looking for great budget polishes I'd check out the Maybelline counter! I can get about a week of wear from these.

Essie Nail Lacquer in Fishnet Stockings. Another favourite of mine from Essie. Every woman just has to own a red nail polish, and this is my favourite. This is a true deep red that screams elegance. The beaty of red nails is that they go with anything and just look timelessly classic. I could probably get away with just one coat of this one, but I got for two just for longevity and I find two thin layers last longer than one thick. This is probably my favourite polish in my collection.

Any there are my top 5 polishes. What should I try next? Do you have a nail polish that you couldn't be without?


No comments:

Post a Comment