Sunday 28 September 2014

September Beauty Favourites

I CAN'T BELIEVE SEPTEMBER IS ALREADY OVER!! Okay, so dramatic intro, but seriously, where is 2014 going?!? This month in the main has been a bit of a non event for me, I've just been counting down the days to going to uni (I moved yesterday). One thing I did do a lot of during the back end of August however was shopping. Of course whilst I was shopping for university necessities I became the owner of several items that definitely weren't necessities, but I really wanted to try!

So naturally I have loads of news favourites (and some old ones too) to chat to you about today...Without further a do, let's get into it!

First up is the Maybelline The Falsies mascara. I'd heard everyone raving about this and finally decided to give it a go. Honestly, I don't think there's anything particularly special about the formula, it's the wand that makes this a great mascara. It's curved in a sort of banana shape. One side is great for building volume and length on the top lashes and the smaller side is perfect for getting to your bottom lashes. It's super black and doesn't smudge, I get why people love it so much!

Next is something I've reviewed recently so I won't go on about it, but it's the Revlon Lacquer Balm in Demure. It's the perfect peachy pink nude, it moisturises the lips and lasts well too. It's been pretty much the only thing on my lips this month.

As the weather is cooling down I've pulled out the 17 Blush in Plum Puff to go with the cooler tones I'm reincorporating into my makeup. This is a matte powder blush with quite a creamy texture. It blends seamlessly and gives just the right amount of colour to the cheeks.

I've really been enjoying using the Natural Collection eyeshadow in Chocolate Brown. The name would suggest a warm tone brown but it's actually more of a cool taupey brown, actually pretty similar to Naked by Urban Decay. It's the perfect crease colour when you just want a super simple eye.

And finally...it's Autumn now that means dark shades on the nails. As ever I'm returning to my all time favourite deep purple shade, William Tell Me About OPI by OPI. I always say this about OPI polishes; the staying power on me is rubbish, but I just can't find the exact shade from any other brand and I love the colour so much I'm happy to top it up every few days.

So there we have it, the best of September! 


No comments:

Post a Comment