Monday 15 September 2014

3 Lip Products: The Review

This is supposed to look like a 3. Hehe.
Recently I've really been getting back in to lip products. Possibly because we're heading back into Autumn and possibly because I realised I had some gaps in my lip product stash. Anyway, the other day into Boots I wandered and out I emerged with three new lip colours that I wanted to share with you.

I'd been looking for a more affordable version of the YSL Glossy Stains and heard that the newest launch from Revlon, their Colourstay Moisture Stains, were a product very similar to the YSL offering. As we're heading into the cooler months I picked up Parisian Passion, a deep plum stain/gloss/liquid lipstick. I like to do one thin layer, allow it to settle on the lips for just a moment then go in with another layer to make the colour completely opaque. The product wears very comfortably on the lips and leaves behind a very impressive highly pigmented stain once the gloss has worn off. After swatching the entire range I'd say stay away from the Nude(London Posh) as it looks a litte streaky, but the brighter colours such as Shanghai Sizzle and Miami Fever look amazing!

My next product fell into my paws as I really felt like I was missing a great quick slick and go nude. I hovered around the L'oreal stand for a while debating whether or not to, and in the end decided that the Collection Privee by Doutzen lipstick was coming home with me. In the bullet this looks like an incredibly pale cool toned pink, on the lips it's relatively sheer so it's wearable, but still gives me the milky pink Doutzen Kroes lip I was after, without making me look ill.

Then as if one nude wasn't enough for one day back to the Revlon counter I went to check out their Colourburst Lacquer Balms. I was immediately drawn to the shade Demure, a peachy pink nude with a light shimmer running through it. I REALLY like the feel of this on my lips. Upon application your lips start to tingle as the balm has quite a minty feel to it. That subsides pretty quickly and leaves behind a seriously moisturising tint of colour. I think I may have to go and check out some of the other shades! 

What lip products have you discovered lately?





No comments:

Post a Comment