Sunday 7 September 2014

Honest to Blog:My A Level Experience



Hey there everyone.

Today I thought I'd sit down an do an "Honest to Blog" type post and just talk about important life things for today's Charlie's Chatter.

Those of you that live in the UK will know that August 14th was A Level results day. I finished my A Levels back in June so it's been a long wait for my final results and I've been anxiously waiting to hear if I'd got into my chosen university or not.

First of all I thought I'd chat to you about my actual A Level experience, then I'll move on to talk about uni.

So I took 4 A Levels and 1 AS Level over a two year course. I studied English Literature, History, Politics, Philosophy and Ethics and General Studies. I loved all of them! I went to a Sixth Form at a fantastic Grammar School instead of going on to college with all of my friends from school, so right from the start it was going to be a challenge. Not only was I leaving all my friends behind, but I was suddenly in an extremely academic environment studying very difficult subjects. Honestly, I was worried and a little bit scared. A Levels are a massive step up from GCSEs so nerves were expected, but within my first few days all of that melted away.

I've made friends for life at the Sixth Form and thoroughly enjoyed learning during my time there. I got to learn about subjects in depth that really interested me, I got to visit the Houses of Parliament, the Battlefields in France and Belgium, run a debating society and many other things. I've got so many memories of my whole A Level experience, I'm so glad I took a leap and started afresh after my GSCEs, so to anyone out there that's worried about A Levels, don't be! You'll have two of the greatest years of your life. It wasn't easy, I mean it really wasn't easy, I lived and breathed my studies for two years solid and at times I'd be in tears and want to give up; but that's when you know something is really important to you. I wouldn't change my experience for the world.

So on to the next chapter in my life.. University! Yes, I did get in! Not to my first choice, but I'm actually extremely happy with where I heading. For those of you that don't know I'm going to be studying Law. I'm so excited as I've been waiting for such a long time for this.

Despite how expensive university now is in the UK, I know that it will be totally worth it. I've already met some really great people that I'll be spending the next three years with and I can't wait to get started!

There is a little mini life update for you all. If any of you have any questions about the whole uni process in the UK or are about to apply to university yourself feel free to leave any questions down below or tweet me, I'd be happy to chat!





No comments:

Post a Comment