Sunday 20 July 2014

Top 5...Lipsticks


I'm back with yet another instalment of my Top 5 series! Today I'm talking you guys through my all time favourite lipsticks, there's a range of brands and shades that I'm looking forward to showing you. I'm going to be focusing on particular shades, rather than certain finishes or a specific shade, purely because there are SO many lipsticks out there, I want you to know what my actual recommendations are. Let's get cracking!

First up is my go-to pillar-box red. The Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in the shade 01. I'd describe this as having a demi-matte finish; it's hydrating and strongly pigmented, with a slight sheen. It's probably the most comfortable red lip you'll wear (if you're opting for a lipstick formula) as it's non-drying and serious sticks around the lips. I used to be rather afraid of red lips as they're super bold, there's no hiding with a red lip on, but since discovering this product I've been embracing the bright lip and rocking it often. This is also extremely purse friendly, go grab yourself one!

Next we have my winter nude..A little deeper than you're average nude but still goes with everything. The Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 77 Asia. It's a sort of deep browny nude with a purple mauve undertone. Wow, great description, not. But you'll be able to see what I mean from the swatch. This too, wears very comfortably and hangs around for quite a while. Oh, and did I mention the smell? The moment you take of the cap you're fit with quite a sweet smell, that I can't really describe but, ooo, it is yummy.

Moving on to my favourite Autumn/Winter deep berry lip... The 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in Rich. A very very deep maroon- this actually leans towards the pinky end of the spectrum when one thin layer is applied but as soon as you start to build it up it transforms into the perfect vampy deep red. I've talked about it previously so won't go on and on, but I love it!

If I'm feeling a bright, bold lip, but don't fancy red I'll grab the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Shimmer Lipstick in Candy. Don't be put off by the "Shimmer", in this particular lipstick the shimmer doesn't actually translate onto the lips. It's a beautifully bright blue toned pink..think a muted version of MAC's Girl About Town. Somehow though, it's an extremely wearable shade.

And last but by no means least, my all time favourite lipstick, though sadly now discontinued... Clinique's Colour Surge Bare Brilliance Lipstick in Blushing Coral. This is so pretty, my words won't even do it justice. It's a sheer coral shade with an extremely fine gold shimmer running throughout it. It's the PERFECT summer lip and looks great with pretty much any skin tone! Fear not though, I've found a dupe! MAC's Lustre Lipstick in Charismatic, whilst not exactly identical, comes very very close. It's actually described as a "Terracotta with gold" so is a tad more orangey, but is still extremely similar! Phew.

It took me AGES to narrow my stash down to these 5. Let me know what your absolute favourite lipsticks are..What should I try next?



No comments:

Post a Comment