Sunday 18 May 2014

Top 5..Blushers

And so the "Top 5" series continues. Now for a splash of colour, of the blusher kind. Matte, shimmer, sheer, cool, warm- there's tons of different types out there. But only a select few have made it onto my list...Let's check 'em out. 
Note: I'll be talking about certain shades specifically, rather than actual formulas.

In at No. 5 we have the Sleek Blush in the shade "Flushed". This is a very deep toned red. It looks a little alarming in the pan, however this is actually a sheer formula, so it just gives a healthy flushed look to the cheeks, as the name would suggest. At first glance it looks matte, but it actually has a very fine milled shimmer running throughout which also gives a subtle glow to the skin. A great goes with everything kind of blush.

Grabbing the number 4 spot on my list is the Pixi Beauty Blush in Perkiest Pink. This is a very shimmery candy pink. It gives cheeks that freshly pinched look whilst adding one heck of a glow. Very pretty.

#3 has to be the 17 Blusher in Plum Puff. This one is pretty sheer too, with a hint of shimmer in the pan, though this doesn't translate onto the cheeks. It has a beautifullly buttery texture and glides onto the cheeks seamlessly. I've repurchased this at least twice, so it must be good!

Ooo, we're getting near the top. My number 2, that just missed the top spot, is Smouldering Plum by Clinique. This is actually very similar to the 17 blush, with a slightly warmer undertone to it. I think plummy tones are very flattering on paler skintones, whilst the cooler pinks work better on darker skin, so this one is brill for me. It's my go to everyday blush at the moment, and I'm sure I'll continue to use it for ages. Foolproof, lasts all day and can be built up for stronger colour on the cheeks. Love it.

Annnd a drum roll please *does a little drum roll*

Grabbing my number one spot is......Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Lover's Blush. This is literally THE perfect blush/bronzer cheek product for a pale skinned gal. It's a terracotta-ish, peachy golden-y blush that is just perfect for warming the complexion. The fine gold shimmer running through gorgeously highlights in all the right places. Oh I really do love this. The great thing about this one too, because of it's sheer formula, is that it could be applied in the dark without a mirror and I wouldn't look like I'd been smacked in the face. Perfect for when I'm in a rush in the morning. Please never stop making this Estee Lauder.

So there you have it, a run down of the best blushers out there, in my opinion. Do you have any recommendations for me? I really want to get my hands on some of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment