Sunday 26 April 2015

The Review...L'Oreal Infallible 24 Matte Foundation


Hello again!

If you saw my recent haul you'll have spotted that I picked up the new matte foundation from L'Oreal. I've not really been into matte foundations, since my very oily skinned teenage phase at about 14. Since then I've been all about a natural dewy and glowy look to my skin. But ever since this foundation has been released I've been hearing great things about it so felt like I had to give it a go.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now so I think it's been long enough for me to give you an honest opinion! Let's start with the texture and finish. As the name would suggest, it's a matte foundation, but it's sort of better than that. A lot of matte foundations, almost work too well on the skin and leave an artificial flat look to the skin. This keeps the complexion shine free but still allows a little bit of natural radiance to shine through.

It claims to be full coverage, although I'd say more medium to buildable coverage. Another plus side to this; with a few light layers, you can have great coverage (no noticeable skin issues or redness) but it still looks really natural and not cakey in the slightest. 

I have dry to combination skin right now and had no problems with this, it actually felt extremely comfortable on the skin. The wear is brilliant...I can apply this in the morning and stay out well into the evening without needing to touch anything up. By the evening a little bit of oil will start to come through, but this just gives me a bit of a healthy glow and doesnt look yucky in the slightest.

I'd definitely recommend this foundation as I think it does a brilliant job for a drugstore foundation and is a brilliant price! I think I might try out the primer that goes with it soon....



No comments:

Post a Comment